Q: Can Multi-Flex Gel be used by anyone?
A: This product is intended for professional use only.
Q: Can Multi-Flex Gel be used for gel manicures or hard gel overlays?
A: The answer to this question is BOTH! You can apply our gel as thin or as thick as you’d like. It will add strength to any manicure.
Q: Do I have to use primer?
A: No, however if you are doing a soak-off gel manicure we at least recommend you use our primer “Commit” to the tips and free edge of the nail. However, every single client is different, they may need a primer where others won't. If you are using it for an “Enhancement” and would like to “fill” your clients then the answer is yes, 2 coats of “Commit” before application of the gel.
Q: Do I need a base coat?
A: Nope! Our gel is a base and color in one! Other than clear ;-)
Q: Can I apply gel color on top?
A: Absolutely! Most brands of gel color will work with our system. After curing our Multi-Flex gel do NOT wipe the sticky layer just apply gel color and cure. If you are doing an overlay and would like to finish file your nails, make sure to add a layer of “Commit” over the filed dry nail before applying color.
Q: How do I deal with the “Heat Spike”?
A: As with most gel systems your client may experience a bit of a heat spike depending on how thick you layer your gel. Try using an LED light with a dimming feature (1/2 power). That will help tremendously or if you don’t have one, try having your client go in and pull out of the light after 5-10 seconds. Once should be enough but depending on your clients sensitivity level, you may want to repeat the process.
Q: Do you have “Brand Ambassadors”?
2. Use our primer “Commit” if you plan on filing down and filling. If you plan on soaking off you can apply “Commit” to the free edge or not at all, your choice. This gel has great adhesion on its own, but each client is individual, so experimentation may have to take place if you do not intend on using primer.
3. Apply a thin layer of Multi-Flex and cure for 30 sec LED
4. Grab a larger amount and work from cuticle to free edge, floating the gel or do a few thin layers. What's amazing about this gel is there are no rules. Apply as thick or as thin as you'd like.
5. OPTIONAL: Turn your clients hand upside down, let the gel form a perfect arch (moving with a small detail brush if neccessary)
6. Turn your clients hand back over, let the gel settle back down, check your line of light and have them immediatly go into the lamp, 30 seconds for a thin layer and 60 seconds for a thicker layer. Work 1 finger at a time.
7. Apply gel polish if desired and cure
8. Apply “Empower” top coat, cure 60 sec LED
9. You're finished!
*Side Note* If you feel the need to finish file after your base application you may do so, but before applying gel color or top coat apply a layer of “Commit” first to ensure proper adhesion of the gel polish.